- Iowa State University COVID-19 Research and Resources from the Center for Agricultural and Rural Development and the Department of Economics
- List of helpful resources and links related to the COVID-19 outbreak from ISU’s Center for Agricultural Law and Taxation (CALT)
- International resources and information about COVID-19 from the International Monetary Fund
- COVID-19 Resources for Agriculture from ISU Extension and Outreach
- The Impact of COVID-19 on Iowa’s Corn, Soybean, Ethanol, Pork, and Beef Sectors, a policy brief from the Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD)
- Database on the impact of COVID-19 on China’s economy from the Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD)
- Iowa Mobility Report prepared by Google (not affiliated with CARD or Iowa State)
- Beef and Pork Price Spreads from the United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service
Jerome Dumortier, Amani Elobeid
- Rural Areas and Middle America See Smaller Employment Losses from COVID-19
- Implications of Hong Kong’s Special Status Revocation for Agricultural Trade between the United States, Hong Kong, and Mainland China
- Agriculture under the Specter of COVID-19
- Does Rural Broadband Expansion Encourage Firm Entry?
- Large Hog Companies Gain from China’s Ongoing African Swine Fever
Byungyul Park, John C. Beghin
Stéphan Marette, Anne-Célia Disdier, John C. Beghin
Tao Xiong, Wendong Zhang, Chen-Ti Chen
Seungki Lee, GianCarlo Moschini
Iowa Institute for Cooperatives, Ames, IA
Iowa Institue for Cooperatives, Ames, IA
Xi He, Dermot J. Hayes, Wendong Zhang
Wendong Zhang; Nick Paulson
Farmdoc Daily Webinar Series "Coronavirus and Ag"
Latest Media Contacts
John Winters was interviewed by the Des Moines Register about the effects COVID-19 is having on Iowa's labor economics.
John Winters was interviewed about the current jobless rate and some of the factors currently influencing rural unemployment.
Lee Schulz was interviewed by Brownfield Ag News about hog weights and the outlook for the pork sector.
Chad Hart was interviewed about the outlook for Iowa's economy.