2017 ISU Land Value Survey Results
After three consecutive declines since its 2013 peak, the average land value for all qualities of farmland saw its first increase. The 2017 ISU Land Value Survey shows that the estimated $7,326 per acre statewide average for all qualities of land represents a 2.0 percent increase from November 2016.
2017 Land Value Survey News Conference
The results of the 2017 land value survey were announced by Dr. Zhang at a news conference on Tuesday, December 12. The full 90 minute-long news conference video is at the bottom of this page. Additional Materials from the news conference are available below.
Three minute highlights of the 2017 survey results
2017 Land Value Survey Resources
- Iowa Land Value Survey Overview (pdf)
This briefing paper includes background information on the Iowa land value survey, including historic information, an analysis of highest/lowest land values and changes from last year’s survey.
- Iowa Land Value Survey News Release (pdf)
The full news release made available on December 12. Includes an analysis of survey information by Dr. Zhang.
- Iowa Land Value Survey Brochure
- 2017 and 2016 Iowa Average Land Values, by County - [download]
- Percentage Change in Iowa Land Values 2016 to 2017 - [download]
- 2017 Iowa Land Values by Crop Reporting District - [download]
- Percentage Change in Iowa Land Values, 2016 to 2017 (ranking) - [download]
- 2017 Iowa Land Values (dollar ranking) - [download]
- Comparative Iowa Land Values table with maps (pdf)
- Iowa Land Values table by District and Land Quality (pdf)
- Slide show (pdf)
The complete slide show presented by Dr. Zhang at the 2017 conference.
- 2017 Media Coverage